OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNER
The Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park (YSGSP) Yorkshires Biggest, Scariest & most exciting Halloween destination. This “haunted house” type of attraction is constructed on an historic 24 acre estate in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. The YSGSP is designed to thrill, scare and entertain you with live actors, authentic sets, atmospheric lighting and sound and static and moving props. Unlike some haunted attractions where you purchase a ticket, take the tour and leave, the YSGSP comprises several attractions all in the same place for one single ticket price. Each attraction has an individual theme and set that makes it unique.
The Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park is open on select evenings in October 2019. Look out for some BIG events in 2020. We will also be hosting regular events throughout the year, and will post details here in advance.
We will operate whatever the weather; in cases of very extreme weather we will post a notice on the main page of the web site and our Facebook page by 5pm that day.
Dress as if you are going for a walk on an October evening. As part of the attraction is outdoors you should dress accordingly. Fancy dress is not allowed and flat shoes are a must as some surfaces are uneven.
If at any point you find the horror too much, all you have to do is notify the nearest actor and you will be escorted back to the public area.
As a victim…sorry…guest of the Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park, you may be subjected to disorienting and distracting sounds, lights, strobe lights, lasers, fog & smoke, motion, scent, wind, water, heat, and other theatrical special effects. You may be required to bend, crouch, crawl, jump, dash and walk through segments of the haunted attraction; sometimes over moving, uneven, or unstable flooring and ground. Several parts of the attraction are designed to move you. You will interact with the characters of the attractions. At times, you will be in and move through very dark, pitch black and confined spaces. And mostly, you’ll have a hell of a lot of horrific fun!
The live action scare experiences can take on average 40 minutes to get through. Some people go through very slowly whilst others go much quicker, It could be longer for some, this includes waiting in line to enter. On busy nights — Fridays and Saturdays — wait times may be a little longer – although timed entry should minimize waiting. We have entertainment to occupy your time while you wait including interaction with our actors and a refreshment area at the end.
The Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park is open to the public. The attraction is recommended for souls 12 and older, however this is just a recommendation and parental discretion is advised. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 18 at all times. The Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park is not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart conditions, epilepsy, claustrophobia, asthmatic or those who are scared of things that go bump in the night. The Scare Grounds is mainly an outdoor attraction and will include walking outdoors on uneven surfaces through woodland which, dependent on the weather, may be wet or muddy, and is unsuitable for wheelchairs. There is a flight of stairs down to the woodland area, and stone pathways which some may find difficult to navigate.
You will be divided into groups of approx 12 (or less during quieter periods). The scares and scenes are designed to be effective for any group size; groups larger than 12 will only be admitted at the discretion of the show producer. There are many places too where there is a maximum that will fit in the area. So, while we would be more than happy to terrify all of your friends as one big group, we limit group sizes to approx 12 people and we ask that you stay together as such throughout the attraction — after all, we don’t any of you getting lost, or do we?
The Yorkshire Scare Grounds Scream Park is brought to you by the twisted minds of Fear Masters Studios Entertainment.
No. We do not allow our guests to use cameras in our attractions, whether they are high-quality or mobile phone cameras. We make special exceptions for media crews, but this must be arranged in advance. Besides your camera may get wet! We do allow you to take photos in our refreshment area, where you can interact with our characters.
No, it may get wet and we have purposely designed each set so you are safe and enjoy the evening.
Whilst you are not allowed to take food or drink into the attraction, there will be food and drink on sale.
No. If you are intoxicated, you will be turned away for your own safety.
Take the trail of terror through London’s East End in 1888 where crime, murder & prostitution is rife, the dark dirty fog filled alleyways offer no escape as you walk the streets of Whitechapel, beware of what’s lurking in the shadows as there’s a killer on the loose, he goes by the name of Jack! Jack the Ripper!
Disgraced Doctor D.Cay the demonic demented Dentist from Hell opens up the appointment book once more.
Come on inside, and take a seat in the chair – the pain will be excruciating – much more than you can bear!
With her sinister sidekick Sister Smile, they will do anything to get to the root of the problem! Can you hear the drills? They are beckoning!
Your appointment is Now – just sit back, relax and say Awhhh!
We dare you to explore the dark hallways of this life size Dollhouse, its haunted hallways inhabited with tormented toys & deranged dolls, Discarded – Forgotten – Broken, they have come to life and have awoken!
Those who enter will be damned – don’t make it out, you will be hanged!
In the midst of a nuclear meltdown, crazed scientist Professor Michael Moorhouse unveils his latest invention – the Teleportation Machine! Detached from reality, Mad Mike – as he’s known, has a slew of unfortunate victims ready to travel instantaneously from one location to another! but chaos ensues leaving a lab full of dematerialized madmen!
Disfigured! Deformed! There’s no way of telling who They are, or how to help Them. They..Them..
Deep in the misty jungle danger lies ahead, hunters are on the prowl for fresh meat to satisfy their blood thirsty lust! They have become hungry for human flesh as food no longer satisfies them., they are waiting for you, lurking in the distance, ready to make your heads their prize catch.
Are you ready to take the Tour of Terror?
We are the Hunters! You are the Prey! Human Safari!
It wouldn’t be Halloween without Zombies!
So, we’re going to put you right into the heart of the action in the all new Un-Dead Central – pulse pounding Scare Zone!
Enter an apocalyptic nightmare full of blood thirsty Zombies, driven to an adrenaline fuelled frenzy of raging madness!
With only one way in and one way out, will you make it thru to the safe zone?
June 22, 1920, members of the Rellik Brothers Circus were asleep in the rear cars of their train when it was involved in a horrific accident.
A second train went smashing in the Circus cars, killing many instantly.
The majority of the dead were Clowns & Performers, who were buried at the scene, which is still known today as the Showman’s Rest!
We invite you, if you dare, to enter The Forest of Freaks – Showman’s Rest! For the star of tonight’s performance is YOU!
Please read the following terms and conditions of entry.
1. The Scare Grounds Evening Admission attractions are frightening and include darkness, water spray, strobe lighting, loud noises, live actors, claustrophobia, theatrical smoke and scent effects which are all intended to startle you; they are therefore not recommended for; women in late stages of pregnancy, people with heart disorders, epileptics, those of a nervous disposition or unaccompanied children under 16 years old. Parental discretion is advised concerning young children.
2. You must not touch anything inside the attractions; this includes props, effects and actors. The actors will not touch you in some attractions but may do so in others.
3. You must not smoke, chew gum, eat or drink while inside the attractions.
4. You must turn off mobile telephones while inside the attractions.
5. You must not make visual or sound recordings of any type inside the Park.
6. You must not take any bags into the attractions; these may get dropped in the dark and we will not be able to search for them until the following day. Please leave everything which might get lost, such as loose jewellery, hats or glasses in your car.
7. You must walk forwards at all times, with your hands upon the shoulders or waist of the person in front. You must not stop or move backwards unless told to do so by one of the actors. You must never run.
8. Once you have entered the evening attractions there are no midway exits, you must experience the entire attraction.
9. The attractions operate in all weather conditions; you must wear sensible clothing and footwear for potential wet conditions.
10. Your ticket is only valid for the time slot you have booked; if you are late you will not be admitted. We will try and put you in a vacant time slot during the same night but we cannot guarantee that we will have any slots available. We will not issue replacement tickets. Tickets are released in half hour slots. We advise you to be at the attraction ticket office any time during your half hour slot. All audiences enter the attractions at the allocated time slot; if you are even slightly late, you will be too late.
11. If you appear to be under the influence of alcohol when you arrive we reserve the right to refuse admission. In this instance you will not be entitled to a refund. You may not enter the Scare Grounds if you are drunk. This decision lies with the head of security, who will make their decision based on the security and safety of other guests and actors. In this instance a member of security staff may accompany you around the attractions.
12. We reserve the right to refuse admission and refund your tickets if your behaviour is threatening or if we believe you pose a threat to our actors or other guests.
13. The Scare Grounds will endeavour to ensure that the advertised attractions are available. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Park or attractions, close the Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
14. Fear Masters Entertainment carry out photography and video recording in the Scare Grounds, which may feature guests. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that Fear Masters Entertainment or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Fear Masters Entertainment or such authorised party.
15. Fancy dress, masks & face paint are NOT permitted in any of the attractions.
By entering the park you are bound by the terms and conditions of entry. If you do not accept the terms and conditions you may not enter.